- A typical sofa's life span is between 7 and 14 years
- In 2020, the UK's population spent roughly £14.4Billion on furniture.
- Modern day sofas, with cushions and fabrics, can be dated back to 1690 (17th century) in England, UK.
- The table was invented by the Egyptians.
- According to SCS, £3Million is lost in sofa's every year in Britain.
- The first mattress can be dated back to 77,000 years ago; early mattresses consisted of straw, horse hair and feathers, however, the very first beds were just stones.
- In the 1400s and 1500s the four poster bed frame was a symbol of high status.
- The Victorians invented children's bedrooms. Before this families used to sleep all in one room.
- The word 'table' is Latin for 'plank' or 'flat piece of wood.'
9 Fun Furniture Facts | Blog
← Older Post Newer Post →